• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Edgbaston Reservoir

I was a cadet on Training Ship (TS) Leopard, we used to see TS Vernon as our rivals. There were quite a few of these cadet groups, used as a gathering net for the forces.

Unfortunately, my naval career aspirations got sunk….

Midland Sailing Club at the Reservoir just before WW2. I expect sailing was stopped once the War started. Viv.

53EF7195-BBA9-447C-9434-4271A4247B72.jpeg
Source: British Newspaper Archive

We wanted to visit the Reservoir today but there was a gate across the entrance. I wondered if there was anything happening at the Tower yet.
rosie.

rosie those gates have been there for some time but you can still walk down to the res...think they are only there to stop cars using what used to be the car park..i paid a visit a couple of weeks ago and the tower was still ther so demo has not started yet

lyn

Thanks lyn, we used to park inside by the railings and watch the birds. It's difficult for him to walk these days! My cousin was asking about the Tower so now I can tell her.
My grandparents lived in Daisy Road when they were first married, it must have been beautiful then.
rosie.

Back