• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Edgbaston Parish Record Lookup?

Hi Shera,
Took me a moment there to check if it was my tree - it is.
There is another person in USA that is taking my info of birmingham, england and transcribing it as Birmingham, USA....don't know why!

'Jane' - I've been looking for yonks to find out her maiden name, but no joy.
I know that they were living in Walsall after their marriage (from census)- so if you know anyone with details from that area, it may help me?

Think I need to explain here - my pc bombed, and I lost all my files.
I hadn't realised I'd put Jane's info onto the Ancestry site.
As there is the death registry details, could that maybe help you to find her maiden name?? :biggrin:

just a possible with the marriage.

thomas "lawton" oct.dec 1853 birmingham 6d 246.

there are two possible wives for that record.

jane hodgetts or harriet lippitt

on your tree on ancestry you have janes maiden name as harrison?

As I no longer have the info in my pc, I've no idea where I got Harrison from...
I've been trying to find info ever since. :( -at least something that I can confirm and is logic for yrs / area etc

I'm not even sure that the death register details is of the Jane Lorton that I'm looking for, as there seems to be so many of them!
All I have for certain is that Thomas lived with Jane, had four children -
Thomas c1854
Jane c1856
Frederick c1857
William c1859 born about the time of death of the Jane I found
- and then remarried with an Annie Court......
too too many thomas lortons in B'ham and area at that time!!

on the igi the marriage i mentioned of thomas "lawton" WAS to jane hodgetts. it took place 7.11.1853 at st. stephens bham.

does anyone think this could be thomas LORTON with the name spelt wrongly??

had another idea so looked on ancestry in 1851 and there is a thomas lorton 22 and wife jane 19 living in harris` yard in walsall. he is classed as a journeyman saddler born in bham. jane born in walsall.

so if this is them they were already married in 1851.

found a marriage thomas lorton 1851 jan-mar walsall 17 290

now another problem there is a jane coop who married 1851 jan-mar walsall but the volume and page no. are 17 292

sorry to mix it up even further but it does appear that they were married before you thought.

I think I'm going to take time out here, and chack ALL the Jane surnames that you've found for me - maybe I'll find a link somewhere....
I never realised how 'not easy' all this is when I started!!
Get back to you - and so much thanks for all your help
Here's the promised thousand kisses !XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

:fox:Hello everyone I hope I am not lost on this great web page. :stung: Would like some advice to find baptism's and Bruials of the late Nathaniel Porter, and Ann Roberts from Edgbaston they married on the 18th June 1795 at Edgbaston :rapture: and I would like to find their parents if possible.

Back