• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

EASTER MEET UP DIRECTIONS

Welshnwobbly

proper brummie kid
I am travelling from Newport, South Wales, to attend the Easter Meet-Up on Saturday April 8, 2023.
I do not know Birmingham very well and will be relying on buses on the day.
If anybody else is going and they can offer me directions or a lift from the city centre I would be very grateful.
Looking forward to meeting new friends.

Hi Lyn,
I'll be at Birmingham Central Travelodge from 5 April to 8 April.
Thanks.
is it the travelodge at the bull ring...if so it could be easier to walk to the bull pub from there...or maybe jump a taxi for the short ride...trouble is that the city centre is under going so much building work with diversions changing all the time..you could get the 33 bus from the high st city centre which will drop you at the bottom of price st and its just a short walk up to the bull...i am sure we have some members on here that could advise you better than i can...look forward to meeting you on the day

lyn

Yes. confusingly there are two travelodge's which describe themselves as Central, one in Broad St, and another , which even more confusingly says in the blurb that it is in Newhall St, but which, from streetview, has a main entrance round the corner in Charlotte St and has no visable entrance in Newhall St !!. Perhaps Welshwobbly could let us know which he will be staying at

According to Travelodge's website https://www.travelodge.co.uk/uk/west-midlands/birmingham/index.html there are 5 hotels that they call Birmingham central. None of them are particularly far from Price Street which is where you want to get to. Because of the closeness and the fact that the buses in town don't really stop much around the centre the only public transport that works around there is the metro and that route doesn't go that close. The only service that will work is the one that goes from the library on Broad St (just outside one of the travelodges) to St Paul's and that doesn't go all the way. As has been said before, if you can't walk, you're better off with a taxi.

Hi all,
I will be at the one in Broad Street.
I can easily walk to that pub and as it appears to be near Digbeth is handy for the return trip via National Express that night.
I look forward to meeting many Brummies with similar links to get greater insight and understanding about my lowly Warwickshire heritage.
Cheers

Hi all,
I will be at the one in Broad Street.
I can easily walk to that pub and as it appears to be near Digbeth is handy for the return trip via National Express that night.
I look forward to meeting many Brummies with similar links to get greater insight and understanding about my lowly Warwickshire heritage.
Cheers
The Bull not that close to Digbeth.
If you walk on Broad St towards the city. Ask any one where is St Chads Church. With the Church on your left you will pass the Gun Makers Arms on your left, keep on the footpath with main road on your right you will come to a set of steps on your left The Bull will be in front of you.

From Broad St 15/20 Min walk. From Bull - Digbeth 15/20 Walk

Nick S Phillips

Last edited:
According to Travelodge's website https://www.travelodge.co.uk/uk/west-midlands/birmingham/index.html there are 5 hotels that they call Birmingham central. None of them are particularly far from Price Street which is where you want to get to. Because of the closeness and the fact that the buses in town don't really stop much around the centre the only public transport that works around there is the metro and that route doesn't go that close. The only service that will work is the one that goes from the library on Broad St (just outside one of the travelodges) to St Paul's and that doesn't go all the way. As has been said before, if you can't walk, you're better off with a taxi.
If you use the Metro (Tram). Get off at St Chads. The stop before St Pauls.
You can see St Chads. Take the lift or stairs Walk towards St Chads with it on your left. You will pass the Gun Makers Arms on your left. Stay on footpath with main Rd on your right. you will come to a set of steps on your left in front of you will be The Bull.

Nick P

Back