• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Easter Meet Up 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope everyone has a good time, Im off to sunny Devon, but will raise a glass to old friends and good fortune to this forum and all its wonderful members. Happy Easter everyone. Robert.

Maurice, I see your point, I hate Heathrow, much prefer Birmingham, less agro, less waiting around and far more friendly staff , I am usually in the house within 1 hour off landing !! Only used Heathrow twice, Brisbane Australia and Denver, Colorado, never again. Eric

Lyn, I still have nightmares about that Christmas meet, Came out and my car had disappeared under the snow, how I got home I do not know. Eric

thank you rob ..enjoy devon:)

hi eric i also have nightmares...as those that know at about 8 on the morning of the christmas meet 2010 the heavens opened and it did not stop snowing...too late to cancel...buffet food laid on..think we had about 60 to 70 expected to turn up..somehow about a 3rd managed to get there..nearly knee deep during the afternoon..getting back was even worse:rolleyes:

Hi Eddie,

I echo your sentiments too and haven't left this island now since 2014. I don't fancy driving the 10,000 km I did in that year,
airports and airlines throw up too many obstacles for old geezers like me, and even when I get to the UK, all my friends & relations are scattered over the southern half of England! My thoughts are with you all - have a great time and I look forward to seeing all the photographs.

Maurice

Thanks Maurice.

The very best for Easter to Jan & yourself.

Don't blame you Frothy, if I knew it was going to carry on snowing I would also 'bottled it', at my age I do not like driving in blizzards, took me almost an hour to get home. Eric

I remember that xmas meet well, although unable to attend for other reasons than the snow, how many actually turned up Lyn,

from memory vic..i think about 25 of us...amazing considering the weather...

i shall be locking this thread at about 10.30 and will start a new one for comments and photos of the meet...

see you all soon folks...the sun is shining just as i ordered:):)

lyn x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back