• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Easter Meet Up 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
bullout1.jpg HI FOLKS...TIME TO START THINKING ABOUT SPRING AND OUR EASTER MEET UP:)EVERYONE IS WELCOME..FRIENDS AND FAMILY AS WELL...WE WILL ONCE AGAIN BE HOLDING A RAFFLE..PROCEEDS WILL GO TO OUR FORUM FUNDS WHICH KEEPS THIS FORUM RUNNING..IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO BRING A RAFFLE PRIZE THAT WILL BE MOST WELCOME AND ITS ALWAYS GREAT TO MEET NEW FACES:)AS USUAL THE LIST WILL BE FOR MEMBERS HOPING TO ATTEND AS WE KNOW THINGS CAN CROP UP AT THE LAST MINUTE:rolleyes:...SO ONCE AGAIN LET THE BHF BANDWAGON ROLL OUT:)..DETAILS BELOW

VENUE...THE BULL PUB..PRICE ST/LOVEDAY ST B4 6JU ( GREAT PUB GRUB) STEEPED IN HISTORY

DATE..SATURDAY THE 15TH OF APRIL...MIDDAY KICK OFF

easter-basket.gif

MEMBERS HOPING TO ATTEND...

STEVE R.AND CORINNE
MIKEJEE
PHIL
COOKIE273UK (ERIC)
ASTONESS
LADY PENELOPE AND PARKER
POSTIE AND THE BOSS HILARY
VICKY
LYNNE WEBB
KEYHILL BRIAN
ROSIELAB
MARK
GEORGE
BRUMMYGIRL AND HIM INDOORS..
DEVONJIM
MORTURN
KELLY
ENZOTHEBAKER
KIERON
DAVIDGRAIN

Last edited:
right we are up and running...steve it will be good to see you again and you mike and thanks for the raffle prize..also adding phil to the list..:)

Put me down Lyn, Will bring the attached 3 paintings for the raffle. EricOld Market Hall.JPG Great King Street.jpg highest pub in Britain.jpg

the paintings are of the old market hall birmingham..great king st and a winter scene of the tan hill pub which is the highest pub in britain..

Last edited by a moderator:
I have my eyes on the Market Hall

and i have my eye on them all mike:D so pleased you can make the long trek viv:)

eric once again you have taken the trouble to paint another 3 wonderful paintings to add to our raffle..many many thanks and as always i can see everyone wanting to win one...if you dont mind eric i will edit your post to inform members what the painting are of...

lyn

Sorry Lyn, forgot the titles, (1) the old market hall (2) Gt King St as was ..... and (3) the highest pub in Britain, forgot the name. Eric

many thanks mike nice books:)....i am bringing easter eggs and im not joking :D:D

ly

Last edited:
Lyn - ahem, hint? I like those enormous ones you used to see in Woolworth's, decorated with sugar flowers !

I think they used to sell raffle tickets for it and the procedes went to a children's home.

Vv.

yes viv i remember those eggs...i think you can still a similar type if you shop around...mind you any choccie is ok with me:D

thats great pen...it will be lovely to see you and parker again...see you both soon:)

lyn

I'll have to see if I can remember to bring my books for the raffle this year instead of forgetting and having to stop off at Smiths on the way and buy replacements.

I'll have to see if I can remember to bring my books for the raffle this year instead of forgetting and having to stop off at Smiths on the way and buy replacements.

phil i shall give you a reminder on the morning of the meet...:D hope to see you there

lyn

Lyn - ahem, hint? I like those enormous ones you used to see in Woolworth's, decorated with sugar flowers !

I think they used to sell raffle tickets for it and the procedes went to a children's home.

Vv.
My mother won a giant Easter Egg once but I cannot remember the charity. This photograph was taken in April 1963. I think it took us days and days to consume it all but perhaps we gave some away. Dave.

Attachments

• P1020791 (2).JPG
    P1020791 (2).JPG
    526.2 KB · Views: 36
No, no, no, no, no Dave. That won't do - not big enough!!! If we had one of those in our house they'd be like pigs at the trough - and as for giving any away, not likely!

Great photo. Viv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back