• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Eagle And Tun Pub

have heard on the grapevine that the eagle and tun is being dismantled rather than a demo as we know them so still confused as to just what is going on down there...any updates appreciated

lyn

Seems highly likely Lyn. Photo #112 looks like dismantling rather than demo. So fingers crossed. Wonder where it will be rebuilt. Viv.

viv i am still confused as to what is actually going to happen..the original plan was to just take off the roof and leave the rest where it was and incorporate it into the new station but as we can see the roof has gone but also the upper floors...i have emailed carl chinn and dr mike hodder to see if they know anything..will let you know

lyn

just phoned up HS2 the person i spoke to said the original plan (which we knew anyway) was to take off the roof and incorporate it within the new station... they then deemed not viable to do with it being under the new stations concourse /viaduct...then due to the fire last january deemed unsafe anyway as there was too much fire damage...to be honest i didnt think the fire damage was that great ..but the top and tail of it is it will be completely flattened...so very sad and also strange that these fires seem to give reason NOT to save our old buildings :mad: :(

lyn

Last edited:
yes it is viv but no more than i really expected...promises come cheap and these days i do not believe anything i am told until i see it with my own eyes... :(

lyn

Back