• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

E.Mails

GEFF

Geff
When typing an e.mail can I leave it unfinished, "save it" and bring it back to complete at a later time, I have a Windows 7, I have tried but failed to master it.

Hi geff
What I usually do if I have a long message to send is, I type the message in word and if need be I then can save it as a word document, then when finished I copy and paste it into the blank email page, add the recipient and send it.
Ed

Geff,

If you're using Windows Live Mail, Windows Mail or Outlook Express for your emails, just type as far as you want to go, save it (File/Save or the Save icon), the message will be automatically saved in your Drafts folder and then you just open it from there later and carry on with your message.

Ed's tip is a good one too - especially if you are composing a longish post for this Forum. Very easy to lose everything from the box you type into, I have always found, and that can be a real pain when you have to start again.

Chris

Last edited:
I use Windows 7 and agree with both posts above. I am able to save as Draft whether in Windows Live mail or Outlook.

Thank you to, Samurai/Chris/Bernie for helping me with E.Mail, I have chosen Word Copy and Paste, that way seems easier to me so will stick with it. Thanks again

As far as I can tell, there's some version of "save as draft" in most email clients (Outlook, Thunderbird) and major online providers (Hotmail, Yahoo, Google). Some will also "AutoSave" if you take too long writing. There should be a Drafts folder somewhere and you should check this on occasion and delete stuff that you don't want. If you take too long writing emails, you might find a lot in it.

Back