• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Duggan family. Garrison lane Birmingham

Lisa lambert

knowlegable brummie
Looking for Duggan family. Garrison lane Birmingham..Ronnie Duggan born 1934 His mom was Nellie Duggan born 1918 she died very young aged about 25 ..Nellie had a brother richard duggan who lived in nechells Malvina Rd. Ronnie is my dad he married my mom Rita Shott who also was born and bought up in Garrison lane flats.

Last edited:
i think this enquiry could relate to living persons in which case if anyone can help please contact lisa via our private message system..

thanks folks

i think this enquiry could relate to living persons in which case if anyone can help please contact lisa via our private message system..

thanks folks
Both my folks are passed so is richrard. My moms family and my dads family are aware that I'm searching for info. Thanks.

lisa could you elaborate a bit please...are you actually searching for any living relatives or are you researching your family ancestry....

lyn

lisa could you elaborate a bit please...are you actually searching for any living relatives or are you researching your family ancestry....

lyn
Both. I also am looking for info regarding who could be my grandad. Nellie was an unmarried mother. I've had a link from an old friend of who it could possibly be . If all else fails we shall do a DNA test for a close match.

if you have not already tried them the ancestry site and find my past is a good place to start tracing back and good luck in trying to find out who your grandfather was

if you have not already tried them the ancestry site and find my past is a good place to start tracing back and good luck in trying to find out who your grandfather was
Thank you. My niece did a family trace about 2 years ago. But she couldnt find a death certificate for Nellie and no fathers name on birth certificate for my dad Ronnie. I'm in touch with my dads cousins now but even they dont know anything about who Ronnie's dad was.

i take it nellie never married and was born and died in birmingham about 1943 ?

no doubt you have found her on the 1939 eve of war register in garrison lane living with edward and hannah tovey...her brother richard and son ronald and it looks like maybe another brother john...? her date of birth is 18th april 1914...the thing is this does not add up as ive found the ww1 records for an edward duggan whos wife was hannah the records show his children down as nellie duggan..john edward duggan and richard harry francis duggan so no idea why on the 39 register edward and hannah are down as toveys...now i am confused unless i have this wrong..

lyn

Last edited:
no doubt you have found her on the 1939 eve of war register in garrison lane living with edward and hannah tovey...her brother richard and son ronald and it looks like maybe another brother john...? her date of birth is 18th april 1914...the thing is this does not add up as ive found the ww1 records for an edward duggan whos wife was hannah the records show his children down as nellie duggan..john edward duggan and richard harry francis duggan so no idea why on the 39 register edward and hannah are down as toveys...now i am confused unless i have this wrong..

lyn
It says Nellie's father was Edward Duggan aged 27 and Hannah Allport aged 35 mother. Her brother Richard Francise born jan 14 1916. I cant see anything about another brother. I think Hannah remarried after her first husband died

Lisa,

It is unlikely that we can get very far on this one as Ronnie's father was not named on his birth certificate (6 Oct 1934) and we basically only have records that are in the public domain. However, a Richard Duggan married a Catherine Tuite in 1944 in Birmingham and there appear to be 9 Duggan children all born in Birmingham with a mother's maiden name of Tuite, one of which, Dave, happens to be called Brian! Is that of any help to you, Lisa? If so, we'll take it into private messaging and I will endeavour to locate them.

Maurice :cool:

lisa so far the closest death record i can find for nellie duggan is died bromsgrove 1941 but it puts her date of birth as 1916 not 1914 as she states on the1939 register and in your first post you say nellie was born in 1918 so we have conflicting dates of birth here

Lisa,

It is unlikely that we can get very far on this one as Ronnie's father was not named on his birth certificate (6 Oct 1934) and we basically only have records that are in the public domain. However, a Richard Duggan married a Catherine Tuite in 1944 in Birmingham and there appear to be 9 Duggan children all born in Birmingham with a mother's maiden name of Tuite, one of which, Dave, happens to be called Brian! Is that of any help to you, Lisa? If so, we'll take it into private messaging and I will endeavour to locate them.

Maurice :cool:
Richard only had 3 children, jean, who died in her thirties, kenneth and Terry whom I am in contact with. So dont look like the same family.

Back