• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Duffy,Werrett,Talbot,Theay,Kane,Barett,Walker

padget

proper brummie kid
Did you know any of these from Great Lister street in the 40s:shock:

Last edited:
hello my grandmother and father were named kane and lived gt lister street around that time, dont know if they were the same family you are looking for, my grandmother was martha, she had three sons john(jack), michael, pat and a daughter mary.

hi there babbyboo the kanes i knew where Bill (William ) and Mabel i cannot remember the names of there children we all livid up a yard address was 5/108 Gt Lister street

cheers

Hi my Grand mother was Edith Agnes Kanne (1902-1992) she married Denis Duffy(1903-1943) origionaly she lived in Shadwell street behind St.Chadds cathederal.Her parents were Michael Kane (1881-1920) and Emma Crannage (1881-1973) .She had brothers Michael,William,John(Jack),Patrick,Thomas and a sister Emma .Dennis Duffy's farther was James Duffy (1868-1921) a military man and his mother was Catherine McTighe (1875-1920) dont know if any of this helps .

Only just joined this site and excited to find this post. My mom's family were Talbot, my dad's Walker and my aunt, Theay.
I realise the original post is 12 years old but I ask in hope.

Only just joined this site and excited to find this post. My mom's family were Talbot, my dad's Walker and my aunt, Theay.
I realise the original post is 12 years old but I ask in hope.
Hi there, my family that are talbot lived in Great Lister Street, I'm wondering if we may be related?

On the 1939 register there are 4 houses on Great Lister St with Talbots, 3 of them seem to be related including a Winifride Talbot that appears to marry an Ernest Walker. The 2 related ones appear to be her uncles - Walter and Albert.

Ooh! Hello Welsh Brummie - tell me more please. It's not a hugely common name so...
Have you got a Walter James Talbot and his wife Elizabeth in your family tree by any chance. My grandmother has told me that all the Talbot’s on this street were related in someway!

maybe you could be right as i never met any other relatives
dad had a sister who married albert wellings
i think there were two lillys
one live in duddeston or maybe she married a talbot
there was also a lilly SWALLOW

I think you may be getting a little confused.

I think your dad's sister was Lilian Kate Smallwood who married Albert Wellings.

Lilian Talbot who married Albert Swallow was your dad's cousin I think.

Your grandmother Millicent Talbot and Walter James Talbot appear to be sister and brother children of William Talbot and Emma Litherland.

I think you may be getting a little confused.

I think your dad's sister was Lilian Kate Smallwood who married Albert Wellings.

Lilian Talbot who married Albert Swallow was your dad's cousin I think.

Your grandmother Millicent Talbot and Walter James Talbot appear to be sister and brother children of William Talbot and Emma Litherland.
YOU SEEM TO HAVE GOT IT RIGHT, thanks

So are you down the Smallwood side? I’m pretty sure my Nan played with her cousin that were Smallwood as a child, so it is likely your aunts & dad played with my Nan. Which child out of them was your dad?

I think the sons were:
Richard
William
Alfred
Leslie

And daughters:
Lilian
Florence
Millicent

Correct me if I’m wrong

I have no connection so I don't know.

I'm just trying to connect the dots (so to speak) between yourself and WelshBrummie, as you appear to be talking about the same people and are possibly related.

Hi there, my family that are talbot lived in Great Lister Street, I'm wondering if we may be related?
Hi, only just seen this. I believe you're in contact with my cousin GilberS. I hope he's told you about my visit to your nan's in the 60s. I've very fond memories of it, her and your mother on that trip. Would love to find out more if possible.

Back