• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Dudley Zoo

Well that looks very familiar Eddie although I think I only visited twice - on school trips. And they were great days out. A couple of your photos are the view from the chair lift. I remember it well. Prep for the trip: duffle bag, Packa Mac, cheese sandwich, banana and a purse with a few coins in it. Happy days. Viv.

Hi Mike
Thats a great idea they have come out with combineing the Zoo with the museum will it cost extra on prices do you think
the museum on uts own is a days outing it will take a day for that to get around and with the zoo it will be even longer day
i surpose you will have to make a fairly early start at the gates especialy if you have toddlers in tow
i recall some one at work years ago said to me you are in and out within the hour such nonesonce
i went back the next day to work and told him he was rubbish talking ,we was there for the whole day
i did not think much of the castle thou for what is left of it
i beleive the ghostly society do yearly meets at the castle of night times best wishes Alan,, Astonian,,,,,,,,,

Alan
I think you will have the choice of either having a ticket for one of the two sites or a joint ticket. If the joint ticket is the same conditions as the present BCLM tickets then, as long as you pay full price, it can be used for a year , again and again.

Hi Mike
Just like to say many thanks for your reply to me and giving me the answered question
regarding the Zoo and the museum prices it sounds true and a gem of a price
I have to say mike i like your specials of late evening from the news paper archives
I read them most nights you put them on you are a jewel of information
best wishes as always Alan,,, Astonian,,,,,

Back