• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Dubarry's Photographers, Great Western Arcade

lucy2811

Hi all,

Does anybody know what happened to Dubarry's Photographers in Great Western Arcade? I've googled and it comes up in the search but contact details are incorrect or non-existent. I know it's a long shot but I'm looking for a set of photos which were taken there in the early 60s. So if you have any clues however small please let me know!

Lucy :)

I think they moved to hall green

Dubarry Studios Ltd.
Address:
1106 Stratford Road Hall Green
City:
Birmingham
Postal Code:
B28 8AD

[h=1]0121-622-4700[/h]

The telephone number doesn't work and company check says dissolved. I wonder how to find out who owned the business last. Thanks anyway!

Hi lucy2811
You should find that the company who were at that address were Flair Photography who took over Dubarrys in I think the late 1990s.I did all the refurb on the old shop for them in the arcade at that time as they wished to keep the Victorian look.
They were a wonderful outfit to work for and as it happens I had an old photograph of my brother taken in 1940 by Dubarrys and they did their level best to find the negative but they came back to say all the negatives had been disposed of some time before it came into there hands.
I will be very sorry if they are dissolved as they were a very caring employer.
regards Aclam19

Back