• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Dream kitchen

postie

The buck stops here
Staff member
Be the envy of every woman. ::)

Attachments

• img178.jpg
    img178.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:
Talking of dreams and kitchens..
I had a strange dream last night..I dreamt Roz actually spent some time in one..

:angel: Angie We just moved around in circles on the spot, from the sink, to the stove, to the table. Then after the meal we went in reverse, from the table, to the sink, to the shelf. There wasn't any room to do much else :2funny:

Chris :angel:

John that boiler was modern the back to back photos you took were older :)

By the way can we see them again

Y'know John..I used to fit little Gas boilers like that as a kid..(My Dad kept tins of food in his) and are my eyes playing up or what?
I can't see any sign of a chain running from her ankle to the kitchen sink...tsk...standards.

It's a long time now but was that not a gas boiler in the corner for washing clothes. Somewhere out of the shot there was probably a two roll mangle with a large hand crank wheel for squeesing the water out prior to hanging the clothes out to dry; when it was not raining.
regards.

Flippin eck....that's the New World gas stove like we had. Ours didn't have a warming plate rack though. It was a devil to clean and I was afraid of lighting the oven and used to throw a switch of lighted newspaper into the back of the oven rather than keep my hand in there. Almost blew my eyelashes off a few times doing that when my mother was out and I had to put something in the oven. We had a boiler but not inside the house. Some people called them coppers. It was gas also.

We had a small feranda with a glass roof that my father had built onto the side of our house. We were an end house and my mother had a metal wringer,a wash tub and a dolly out there along with the boiler. In the winter the washing used to freeze like wooden boards and she would stack the largest things like sheets on their sides in the feranda until they fell to the floor...quite amazing really.

Jennyann still got the Cook book which came with :) Moms stove I'll sort it out

My mom's cooker had no regulo, but the food was never overcooked or burned.. She had a new one in the 50's, complete with regulo and treated it like a Rolls. She left it in the house when she moved out in 1982. :)

It's nice to see a propper size tea pot, they dont make that size now. :mad:

Back