• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Downloading Photos, Census Pages Etc To Ftm

florna

knowlegable brummie
I hope this is the right place to submit this!
I have recently had to change my PC as the HD had failed but I managed to have all my files transferred.
I am using Windows 10; Firefox; AVG security and FTM 2017.
In my download file I have copies of census pages; photos; baptism pages etc. When I try to copy one of these to the media section of the FTM2017 programme I get this message:- "Unable to copy - make sure files are not being used by other programmes".
Nothing else is running.
How do I solve this problem as everything was ok before the crash? Is there a box that needs to be ticked or unticked?
I would appreciate some help please.
Thanks in advance!
florna

Have you spoken to Family Tree Maker ?, It took an age to down load my media files from my Ancestry tree to the 2017 FTM ...but they did download without any problems.....

Thanks for your thoughts! This morning I was sent a message to upgrade my AVG security programme. Guess what? I did this and had immediate success with downloading photos etc to FTM.
Thanks again to you and to anyone else who had a look at my problem.
florna

Back