• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Down time

thanks for the explanation but for me the forum has been going down in short spurts for the past 2 weeks or so saying ERROR...hope we are ok now though

lyn

It was down last night at about 10.00pm. Windows Updates can be a pain - I don't have them set to 'automatic' as I like to see precisely what they plan to update, as I've had problems in the past. Before I retired, my employer's computer service-manager had Windows Updates permanently turned off on all company computers, as he reckoned they're more trouble than they're worth.

G

It's not the updates it's the nic card but can't do anything until I'm back sadly back early hours tomorrow.

I've managed to reboot the server now so hopefully that will keep it going until I replace the NIC I've got a dual failover one coming

Back