• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Dorthy Dodson

sylviasayers

master brummie
I was sorry to learn in today's Birmingham Mail that Dorothy passed away on the 10th July 2011. Longstanding members of the Forum will remember the many interesting and sometimes funny posts that Dorothy made. As a girl she lived in Tower Road, Aston, and went to Upper Thomas Street School. R.I.P. Dot and condolences to her family.

Very sad news indeed. Thank you for the link John it was nice to see Dorothy in happy times. Thank you for the memories Dorothy...R.I.P. Condolences to all the family.

Sad news about Dot she was one of the first people on the forum I ever had personal contact with, she was able to send me information about my Aston family. Dot knew one of my cousins very well and was able to give me loads of info' to follow up... she could be a very funny lady and at one time if I remember right she and her hubby ran 'The Mint Pub Hockley'. condolences to her family and friends R.I.P. Dot

SYLV;
Many thanks for informing us on the forum about dorothy whom as you say was a dear long forum member
and a true grit astonian girl from Aston with many memories of her and of her youth and she did know my parents and my mothers parents
and i know if they was alive today they to would be saddenend by hearing of her passing over as i myself personaly
am saddenend by hearing of her loss of life and the loosing of a great lady membe of our forum
i send my deepest condolences to her family and friends of dot and my thoughts are with them ;
at this hour of need
may god bless her and rest in peace dorothy ; and watch over her family and friends R I P ;
ASTONIAN

Very sad news to hear of Dorothy's passing. I remember her posts so well and she was a great asset to the forum and contributed so much interesting info. R.I.P. Dorothy

Back