• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Doris Day

Smudger

master brummie
My all time favourite female singer, Doris Day, has just found out she`s not 93 as she thought, but she`s actually 95! She never had much luck with the men in her life who fleeced her out of $ millions. Happy birthday Doris.

I don't think I can name an all-time favourite as there are so many, but she was certainly one of the best. Happy Birthday Doris Day!

Maurice

Happy Birthday Doris Day. One of her most famous songs was Que Sera, Sera (Whatever will be, will be). It was sung in the film "The Man who knew too much", directed by Alfred Hitchcock. The song was given an Academy Award for Best Original Song in 1957 at Hollywood. Dave.

Smudger, Doris Day always had an effortless style of dress and singing didn't she? She always looked so clean and neat and I wanted to look like her. Unfortunately clean and neat were not two words which could describe me in the 50's! One of my favourite films with DD in was with Frank Sinatra but I can't for the life of me remember the title. I seem to remember it included a clam-bake and Sinatra was a composer. They eloped. Any ideas?

Yes it was oldMohawk. I had a look at the film and was really surprised to see how many films she has actually made. I haven't heard of quite a few of them.

Back