• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

April 2010 edition BHF meet up article

Me to Rob, it it wasn't for the spell checker on the forum (and my email prog) no one could read a thing i write.

The article by Don in March Brummagem is an extract from his book I thought it was wonderful. Don is a member and I have to say I love reading his memories. I have loved reading the April edition especially Lyn's piece on the Stag Meet great article and photo's. I love to read the articles that people submit and especially scan through the photo's. There is a lovely tribute by Stephen Price to Phyllis Nicklin 1909-1969 with some of her amazing photo's. Stephen has also submitted an article about his publican ancestors and Curzon Hall. I don't like to pick particular articles but I suppose it's what interests you, I always read them all though. On the last page are some wonderful paintings and pencil drawings by Norman William Smith submitted by his son John. I love the one of Bromford Race course they are such a lovely piece of the past. I for one would love to see more of his work.

thanks wend and froth..it was a pleasure:) in my opinion without carls brummagem mag ... the old brum paper before it and coupled with his website many thousands of photos from his archives and the stories that are written would never see the light of day..we owe him a great debt...:)

lyn

max..that link you posted shows only 291 images...there is an updated link that show all of phylis nicklins 450 images and ive forgotton what it is:rolleyes:...will try and find it and let you know...

lyn

max...go to the links section scroll down to the phylis nicklin photographs thread and click on the link on post 19....you will find all her pics on that...

lyn

i have just got my hands on a copy of the april edition, it looked like a good day can't wait for the next meet, i am going along with my mom lynne.

thanks dave...i did send in 7 pics to carl but he only had space for 3 plus the banner one...it was short notice though and i am well pleased...:):)

lyn

Back