• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

DONATIONS

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi everyone just a little note to say that due to the pandemic and apart from private donations we have lost an awful lot of revenue owing to the fact that we have not been able to hold at least 5 forum meet ups which thanks to the raffles we hold generates a large portion of revenue to keep this forum up and running.. as most of you know the forum is free to join but not free to run... a lot of our members are only too happy to help other members with various enquires be it looking for old photos..maps or family research to those who are not subscribed to genealogy sites..if any members feel that they can donate however small it would help greatly...the boss does not know that i am making this post and rather than ask himself he will pay out of his own pocket so i will probably get the sack when he finds out :rolleyes: :D but i think now is the time to make members aware that every little helps...many thanks folks the link to donate is below

lyn

Yes the forum deserves a donation.Even though I very rarely ask any forum members for help this forum gives me alot of pleasure especially the garden topic and the old photos that are sent down by other members.So put your hands in your pockets and get rid of them moths ha ha !!!

To all the members who have made a donation to the Forums funds, thank you so much , it really does make a difference to our continuation.
Please give yourselves a big pat on the back and once more thank you all...Clapping.gif

As a newbie I did'nt know if there was any particular time of year to donate so I did it last week.
Even though I dont have a Paypal account it was the easiest way to do it.
I am also a member of a football forum that is free but there are loads of adverts on there which can spoil it at times but I think sometimes people dont realise the costs involved.
These forums bring a lot of pleasure and I am more than happy to make a contribution when I can.

As a newbie I did'nt know if there was any particular time of year to donate so I did it last week.
Even though I dont have a Paypal account it was the easiest way to do it.
I am also a member of a football forum that is free but there are loads of adverts on there which can spoil it at times but I think sometimes people dont realise the costs involved.
These forums bring a lot of pleasure and I am more than happy to make a contribution when I can.
Ken, I don’t know if there is a particular time, it came into my head last night to do it. I also think it is a very worthwhile cause. I am sure one of the moderators can clarify.

Back