• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Dolan Family

Valerie Dunbar

master brummie
Hi I am trying to trace my dad for my records on genes reunited but not having any luck I know he was living in Lichfield road when he died but no records show up (or I am not that good at researching) He died in 1957 he was aged 38/39 his full name was Frederick Albert Dolan. Could do with some help if possible. The address was 3/114 Lichfield Road. Although he was separated from my mum and was staying with his sister in Kingstanding. I know the funeral was from our address on Lichfield Road but I am coming up blank. thanks Val

Hello Valerie, your dad is registered in December quarter 1957 Frederick A Dolan age 39 ref Birmingham 9c 745

many thanks di for the information, to follow this up do I take the ref to the library or births marriages and deaths. Not sure as this is my first feedback thank you val

Hi Valerie, you can go to the registrar's office in Birmingham and they will produce the certificate in about an hour, the ref I gave you is the registrar's ref so you need to give it to them. The office is in Holiday Street, but you probably know that.:)

There is a new hotel in Holiday Street, I stayed there last year, good for a coffee while you wait, the hotel is called the Nitenite.

Last edited:
Back