• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Dog thefts.

Smudger

master brummie
Dog thefts are on the rise. BBC news reports that dog thefts are on the rise. There have been 6 dogs stolen in my village. My Westie likes to sit at the front gate & watch the world go by. He`s reasonably safe as i have a bicycle lock on the drive gates, but i suppose he`s small enough to be lifted over the gates. I wish it was legal to give criminals a shotgun blast of salt up their backside but i suppose that would be a breech of their human rights !

mw0njm.

A Brummie Dude
Dog thefts are on the rise. BBC news reports that dog thefts are on the rise. There have been 6 dogs stolen in my village. My Westie likes to sit at the front gate & watch the world go by. He`s reasonably safe as i have a bicycle lock on the drive gates, but i suppose he`s small enough to be lifted over the gates. I wish it was legal to give criminals a shotgun blast of salt up their backside but i suppose that would be a breech of their human rights !
there was a lot of that here once smudge.

Johnfromstaffs

Johnfromstaffs
I wonder if many thefts of pedigree bitches (there are still some about, apparently) are by crooks planning to breed from them. It occurs that it might be a good idea to identify spayed bitches with an easily spotted collar tag provided by the vet at the time of the operation, proving that the animal was incapable of breeding.

Last edited:

Smudger

master brummie
I wonder if many thefts of pedigree bitches (there are still some about, apparently) are by crooks planning to breed from them. It occurs that it might be a good idea to identify spayed bitches with an easily spotted collar tag from the vet, proving that the animal was incapable of breeding.
Breeding from dogs requires some effort albeit not a lot. Far easier for these turds to take a dog & it`s very easy to sell them for considerable amounts of money. I paid £900 for my westie & some breeds can sell for much more than that. Beats working for a living !!:mad:

mw0njm.

A Brummie Dude
I wonder if many thefts of pedigree bitches (there are still some about, apparently) are by crooks planning to breed from them. It occurs that it might be a good idea to identify spayed bitches with an easily spotted collar tag provided by the vet at the time of the operation, proving that the animal was incapable of breeding.
good idear but what would they do with the poor dog after they discoverd that john.

Johnfromstaffs

Johnfromstaffs
Our two Schnauzers cost similar amounts, and are both spayed. The breeders said that they can sell all of their pups with no difficulty, and Rosefromstaffs was subjected to an inquisition by one years ago when we bought our first, to ensure that we were worthy of the dog! Mind you, the breeder was from Sutton Coldfield!

Johnfromstaffs

Johnfromstaffs
good idear but what would they do with the poor dog after they discoverd that john.
That is a problem, I do agree, but I was working on the idea of it being a deterrent such that they would not bother to steal a dog with the tag in the first place. One of our dogs has a lime green collar tag which is noticeable from some distance.

mw0njm.

A Brummie Dude
That is a problem, I do agree, but I was working on the idea of it being a deterrent such that they would not attempt to steal a dog with the tag in the first place. One of our dogs has a lime green collar tag which is noticeable from some distance.
i am with you.,but the scum would think its a bluff and steal it just the same. if they want it they will try and get it even i if it was a bright yellow dayglow color'd dog.