• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Does anywhere know where i can get local milk delivery in Brum? Preferably from a small business, non of this supermarket chain rubbish!

Rosie_Simon

Hey everyone, since becoming housebound during the COVID-19 lockdown I have struggled to get reliable, consistent home delivery. If anyone has any recommendations on a small business who delivers milk local it would be much appreciated as I am in a bit of a pickle!

Co-op Home delivery. There's a minimum spend of £15, but they deliver milk and other groceries. Put your postcode in to see if they deliver to you. Not a small business either.

Good afternoon Rosie, i have had a similar struggle last year when I suddenly became housebound last year and also felt like I couldn't rely on supermarkets to deliver essentials. My saving grace really was the Modern Milkman. Modern Milkman is a home delivery service that sell products such as milk, eggs, bread, bakery items, coffee & tea, fresh veg and sweet treats. When my grandaughter visits me at the weekend we enjoy making use of their baking kits (our fave is the cookie mix). I have been using Modern Milkman's service now for just over a year and I find it completely reliable and consistent, the delivery guys are all lovely and chatty as well if you bump into them :) My youngest grandaughter is dairy-free and I discovered earlier this year that they offer a wide variety dairy-free range (Maisie loves the yogurts and flapjacks!) cant get enough of the Modern Milkman home milk delivery service :) I hope this offers some assistance Rosie and you get everything sorted soon.

If you are around South Brum theres Grovewood Daries......straight from the farm on Redditch Road just past Longbridge Lane West Heath.

Back