• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Does Anyone Know Where This Is

aston lad

master brummie
I have been asked if I know where this photo has been taken, I am sure its one of Ray Griffiths but not sure, I think it could be Berners Street in Lozells, thank you

1960378_10151977207249212_76389497_n[1].jpg

Would like to help Aston lad but sorry don't know. Will ask Pete in the morning as he lived at the top of Witton Road not too far away. Good luck. Jean.

hi aston lad..almost certain thats not one of rays friends photos but it could be one i missed..think you must have seen this thread but if not here is the link to it along with the story that goes with them...we are so lucky to have these..as to it being berners st you could be right...i think i have seen a similar old black and white shot as it meets with lozells road but cant be certain..

lyn
https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=38980&highlight=lozells+aston+pic+reposted

Last edited:
Ta Lyn......you could be right about being one of Ray's, like most of us on here I have all or very close to having all the ones he posted some years back now, I thought it may be a Phylis Nicklin's photograph, so I check out her section on the late Keith Berry's site, but it isn't there either unless I missed it, I am not sure if all of her photographs are on there, I was sure there was quite a few more than what are being shown, Someone will put me right on the photo I posted, its just bugging me to where it is....I think its Lozells area, but at that time it could be anyhow within Birmingham inner city districts .....thank you again John

Ta Lyn......you could be right about being one of Ray's, like most of us on here I have all or very close to having all the ones he posted some years back now, I thought it may be a Phylis Nicklin's photograph, so I check out her section on the late Keith Berry's site, but it isn't there either unless I missed it, I am not sure if all of her photographs are on there, I was sure there was quite a few more than what are being shown, Someone will put me right on the photo I posted, its just bugging me to where it is....I think its Lozells area, but at that time it could be anyhow within Birmingham inner city districts .....thank you again John

glad to help john or not as the case maybe lol..i dont think its a phylis nicklin or keith berry one either...nice photo though

all the best

lyn

I myself think it is the one before Berner street the one with the pub on the corner I think it was the cross guns
Just as you turn off wheeler street and around on to Gerrard really I should recall that rd as I was responsible for the pub window that had lead lined windows
Until I actually broke it around 1970/1 and the actual window I broke was on that very street you turned into
I lived in berners street next to the old school and five houses from the pub I wrote on this forum about these pubs way back seven or so years ago
And I think it was another lady member which I think it was jean I did one or twice agreed to meet in there just around the very last week the pub was closing down
Failing to be correct even those I am sure even if I am wrong on the street picture alteritive its the one more or less across the other side of lozells red
Facing this street I am tni king about as I cast my mind back to Berners street I am sure its not Berners. Street best wishes astonian

Back