• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Do you recognise this man?

Sampy62

Hello, Long shot I know, I am trying to find the identity of the man in the photo, 2nd from the left - lived in Aston area, born about 1922 - sorry no name - my friend has always believed he is her father - photo taken about 1945 - Fleet Air Arm. Is there a list of all who served in Fleet Air Arm from Birmingham?

Attachments

• christine 1945.jpg
    christine 1945.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 62
hi and welcome hope someone can help identify as there is nothing worse than have a photograph but you cant be certain who is on it...i have one reported to be my grandad in ww1 uniform although pretty convinced it is him not 100 per cent.. from your comments i am taking it that your friend does not know who her dad is

lyn

Back