• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Dixon Road School

Re: Dixon Road School

Hi, I attended Dixon Road Infants and Junior school along with my brothers and sister in the late 1950's until mid 1960,s, lots of happy memories of the school. we lived in Cooksey road just on the corner by Dixon Road.
Regards Joyce
Hi Joyce,

Was at Dixon Road Junior 1957-63 and lived in Victoria Avenue (footpath only between Lawden Rd and Bolton Rd). Graham Humphries lived next door and Eric Jones on the other side. We all got through the 11+ and went to Bordesley Green Technical School for Boys. Moved out of Brum in 1967 when they cleared the 'slums'. Happy days.

Recognise any of the names?

Dave Harris

I went to Dixon Rd, it was my first school. I left in 67 to be a ten pound pom at the age of 10.
I have some great memories, my best friends, Jimmy Smithers John Milnes and a lovely lass named Leslie Gould.
Jimmy and I were a bit disruptive it seems, I remember a certain slipper reminding my bottom to behave lol.

Back