• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

DISGUSTING FOOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Camembert is highly aromatic. :laughing:
I had a brief couple of weeks in an RAF hospital where the food was poor to say the least. About half a dozen, or so, of us were sat at a table in the ward when our lunch was served. The 'meat' was quite red in appearance and one wag commented that "he knew it was a hospital, but that was no reason to serve up the afterbirths". From memory the wag, myself and one other did not leave the table the others went hungry. :rolleyes:

Bob,

Pop's got a dairy intolerance. Switch to feta (sheep and/or goat) and he shouldn't have a problem. Cow's milk used to give me horrendous migraines. When I stopped having it, so did the migraines stop. I haven't had milk for over 30 years, and don't even like the stuff now.

Maurice :cool:

i did notice that edifi. i loved them with corned beef on a sarnie. Now i buy red onions, they keep. as for cheese, "bung my dad called" it, gives me terrible nightmares.
My Dad called cheese "toyt". I've never heard anyone else use the word but I doubt he would've made it up.

Mouths starting to water Richard .Living were we do we go to France quite often on day trips (going over next week on the Car Shuttle for the day £25 ) .The vast amount of cheese is amazing,We will stock up with Vino as well £4-99 at Lidl here 1euro 50 at Lidl in Calais (£1-35)

Most disgusting food for me chitlins not sure if that is spelt correct. The smell was awful and I have a strong stomach
I had to get out of the house when Mum cooked them and the look of them well what word can you use to describe them
The other food that i found disgusting to look at was Grits loved by some in the South of the USA. The put them with cooked breakfast. its like putting porridge with bacon and eggs all on the same plate..
My husband tried them with a breakfast and he put sugar on them which put me off trying them all together.

Most disgusting food for me chitlins not sure if that is spelt correct. The smell was awful and I have a strong stomach
I had to get out of the house when Mum cooked them and the look of them well what word can you use to describe them
The other food that i found disgusting to look at was Grits loved by some in the South of the USA. The put them with cooked breakfast. its like putting porridge with bacon and eggs all on the same plate..
My husband tried them with a breakfast and he put sugar on them which put me off trying them all together.
Diane, I agree on the chittlins…….but grits made properly are pretty good! shrimp and grits or grits with cheese are pretty darn good! :cool:

yer why not:grinning: "its like putting porridge with bacon and eggs all on the same plate"..
1574605689492.png

Went to the local Tesco a few weeks ago. In the 'reduced' section. Pork Sausages with Black Pudding. Couldn't resist. :)

Got to the check-out and the 'operative' viewed such with disgust.:(

Obviously not someone with 'Midlander' tastes.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back