• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Digbeth Town Hall

In the 1970's as a young Salvationist I remember attending a youth-rally here. It was near the coach station. I now work in Digbeth but can't place where this should be.

I used to go there in the 1960's, to the Jug O'Punch folk club, organised by Ian and Lorna Campbell, and Harvey Andrews. As I recall, there was a bar, but they sold only cider on draught, plus bottled beers.

G

In the 1970's as a young Salvationist I remember attending a youth-rally here. It was near the coach station. I now work in Digbeth but can't place where this should be.
According to a post (#25) in the Barford Street thread there was a SA place in this street at No 234. Close enough to Digbeth I guess.

Sadly Ian has died but, as far as I know, Lorna still does live in Kings Heath. I remember Ian Dunkley (used to have guitar lessons off him) who was a member of the group. Does anyone remember seeing Paul Simon, apparently he played there when he was in England in the 1960's. I remember seeing Tom Rush who sang the Circle Game. The club moved to Carrs Lane and then out of town just before they closed. Ian used to live in Ireland.

Back