• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Digbeth coach station.

john knight

signman
The new Digbeth coach station opens on Monday 7th December.
It should be a far cry from the old one even though it is only a re-clad and roof taken off the vehicle area.
Here's a couple of photos I took off our friends at Skyscraper City.

The Coach Station is due to open on the 14,Dec,2009,

https://www.nationalexpress.com/coach/Destinations/Locations/BirminghamCoachStationRe-Opens.cfm

The honour of the first Midland Red Bus to go to the Coach Station goes to the S17 6479HA 5479 it was there today I think that it may have been there for a photo shoot ? I did take a few myself and plan to put them on the interweb soon

The new Digbeth coach station opens on Monday 7th December.
It should be a far cry from the old one even though it is only a re-clad and roof taken off the vehicle area.
Here's a couple of photos I took off our friends at Skyscraper City.

Bammot,
Many thanks for your update. It's nice that the map on the release shows the Anchor pub, but it doesn't make it clear whether you will be able to walk out of the coach station into Rea Street, or vice versa.
There are still a few nice old Midland Red pics on the wall in the Anchor, and as for the beer . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Peter

Bammot,
Many thanks for your update. It's nice that the map on the release shows the Anchor pub, but it doesn't make it clear whether you will be able to walk out of the coach station into Rea Street, or vice versa.
There are still a few nice old Midland Red pics on the wall in the Anchor, and as for the beer . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Peter

The picture on the right is taken from Rea street and i think it shows that you will will be able to walk out that way, agree about the Anchor!.

From what I saw today the entrances are the same as the old ones there is an exit/entrance in Mill lane, Rea St on one that will take you onto Digbeth there is now a lot of glass in the new building the new coach entrance looks a bit tight to me I may be wrong

Bammot,
Peter

Back