• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Did you meet your partner In Brum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a wet miserable Saturday night in February 1959 i wanted to go to the cinema, but my mate Mac had discovered there was a jazz club at the Golden Cross at Aston Cross , so we went there. I sat next to this young lady who did not want to be there either, we celebrated our 61st wedding anniversary on Boxing Day, she was a teacher at Upper Thomas Street. She actually came from Cornwall.
Bob

Now, Bob, can you remember the name of the band playing on that night or is that a totally silly question as your eyes were obviously elsewhere? I could only ever be found there on a Sunday if Ronnie Scott was playing.

Maurice :cool:

Now, Bob, can you remember the name of the band playing on that night or is that a totally silly question as your eyes were obviously elsewhere? I could only ever be found there on a Sunday if Ronnie Scott was playing.

Maurice :cool:
Sorry it was just a small group and the only two I recognised were the drummer and saxophonist who we had seen before. They stuck with the standards, all the things you are, summertime etc.
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back