• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Did you have a scrap book as a child?.

Every Christmas I had a scrap book in my sack (pillowcase). All year I would cut pictures out of newspapers and magazines and paste them in. Pictures of animals, especially horses. Favourite popstars - Donny Osmond, Cliff Richard (I wanted to marry him!) and anything topical like Miss World in her crown or the eurovision song contest winners - makes me smile just thinking about it now.
Polly

Polly I had one off my aunt Nell in my pillow case every year. I too collected mainly photo's of animals and horses and mixed my paste from flour and water. Made our own enjoyment in those days didn't we?. Jean.

Jean, the only one that I can remember making was filled up with images of toadstools & mushrooms. I then wrote as much info as I could find about each one under each image.

Graham.

Yes, and I've still got them. I kept the 'cut away drawings' of all sorts of mechanical things from the centre pages of The Eagle comic, and pasted them in. Most of them were by artists Leslie Ashwell Wood or Walkden Fisher.

Back