• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Did you have a dolls pram?.

G G Jean

Brummy Wench.
Did any of you possess a dolls pram I did and passed it on to my neice Helen [sky blue] in the photo. It was taken at our house in Holte road. Jean.

No jean, I never had a dolls pram,but I used to have to take my little bro.out in his pram,does that count?.That is untill I forgot where I left him,such a fuss was made of that.

Ray corse they count and lovely photo. I am sure I have another with myself on but I think it may have been a cot. I put one on a thread your first peddle car if you have one of those for that thread. Jean.

I had a beautiful pram the coach built type with large wheels. It was two shades of lilac with a hood and cover. I remeber I had it for my Birthday I think I was seven. I was so excited as I never dreamed I would have such a beautiful pram! Sadly I don't have a photo of my dolls pram.

Yes I had a dolls pram .It was a twin pram cream with brown hoods ,it came from Barnabys in the Great Western Arcade.Being the only girl in the street gang it was used as a hospital trolley when the cowboys got shot ,or to recover soldiers in the war, infact it was used for everything but not pushing dolls around .Polly

Wendy that is a shame. Polly my granddaughter used to take her guinee pig to the shops with her mom and he loved it in the pram. Used to take his leaves with them too. He lived to be ten but Max the dog knocked his run over and Pickle died of fright. Jean.

Good Afternoon. Yes I had a dolls pram, it was brown as I recall. I had it for one Christmas and was that a surprise. Didn't have a doll but used to dress my Teddy Bear. One year Father Christmas [from Lewis'] gave me a black doll and his name was Billy, and I really loved him.

Miriam.

we took the dog acouple of times to the vet in my pram ,down Holborn Hill and left onto Litchfield Road I,m sure the RSPCA was one of the shops just up from the pub.

Polly there was the PDSA I remember going there with my various pets. Didn't take them in my pram though. Jean.

Hello. Have no idea as to what happened to Billy or the pram. My dad had a aunt in London and the family went to see her - she gave me a dressed double jointed doll - again over the years she too disappeared - the doll, that is not the aunt !!! Miriam.

Got a bit worried for a minute Mirium as I thought you meant your aunt. My pram had been in the coalhouse for some years when my dad cleaned it up for Helen on the first post of the thread. Bye. Jean.

I've just been browsing old threads and found this one. My dolls pram was second-hand (as usual) and was cream with a brown hood. The only suitable paint in the shed was brown but at least it didn't show the rust as the pram got older! I really wanted a lovely coach-built one like my friend had.
It was handy for fetching the fish and chips when we had a special treat.
rosie.

Back