• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Dennis Hodgetts Snr & Jnr Aston Villa

Ralph Sheridan

proper brummie kid
Hi, Could anyone help me identify the chap in the first photo sat on the bench please? I believe it to be Dennis Hodgetts, who played in Villa's first League game, in his later years. The other photos are of Dennis's son, also Dennis, who was a local Birmingham Cyclist. Does anyone have or know anything about his military service and where I can find information on the Birmingham cycling Club from around 1904. Any help greatly received. Thank you, Ralph.

Could only post one phot, I'll try to add the next two in the conversation.

Attachments

• IMG_2951.JPG
    IMG_2951.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
Welcome to the Forum Ralph.
I have moved your post to Surnames where it may generate more interest.

Hi Alberta, thank you very much. I tried up loading two more photos but kept being told they are too large. Is it just one photo per thread?

Regards.

Ralph.

It is the size of the image causing the problem. You can reduce the size.
There are some instruction show to do this if you do not know how already

Hi, Could anyone help me identify the chap in the first photo sat on the bench please? I believe it to be Dennis Hodgetts, who played in Villa's first League game, in his later years. The other photos are of Dennis's son, also Dennis, who was a local Birmingham Cyclist. Does anyone have or know anything about his military service and where I can find information on the Birmingham cycling Club from around 1904. Any help greatly received. Thank you, Ralph.

Could only post one phot, I'll try to add the next two in the conversation.
It is the size of the image causing the problem. You can reduce the size.
There are some instruction show to do this if you do not know how already
Hi PJMBurns, thank you. I tried to enter a couple more photos but wasn’t able to. Looking forward to seeing the paper cuttings if you manage it.

Did you click on the link and see the instructions?
The newspaper bit was just the first article in the thread.

Thank you so much, that will be such a help in the future.

The photos show the Birmingham cycling team and Dennis Hodgett Jnr on his bike as well as in his soldiers uniform.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ralph

Attachments

• Hodgett 2.jpg
    Hodgett 2.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Hodgett 3.jpg
    Hodgett 3.jpg
    408.5 KB · Views: 4
Back