• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Dennis Glover RIP.

lencops

gone but not forgotten
Dennis, Son of Sidney and Doris Ethel Glover, of Olton, Birmingham was KIA WW2 1941 his grave is in Robin Hood cemetery, Solihull, his Mother & Father are buried with him, the grave is in a poor condition i have asked the CWGC if they could help to improve its condition, they say as it is a private grave they have to have the grave owner permission, could some one look up whether there are other family members, thanks to anyone who can help. Len.

Len have you contacted the cemetery they should hold the registers which will tell you who else is in the grave. This should also state who purchased the grave. Normally you have to pay for this info but I am sure they will help if you tell them why. If not get in touch with Birmingham Bereavement Services and see what they suggest. This is a big problem with graves which is why if you find a family grave its a good idea to let the relevant cemetery know who you are.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will do as suggest Wendy, i think that they will not pass on that sort of private info i can but try, the grave that Dennis and his Mom and Dad are buried in is in very poor condition Dennis was KIA at the age of 21yrs and it upsets me to see this young WW2 RAFVR Aircraftsman grave like this. Len.

It would be nice if someone would set up a "friends" group for Robin Hood Cemetery.......good luck Len.

I visited Dennis's grave today 27 9 2020 still in very poor condition sadly, I did clean it up along with Tom Turralls... These are real heroes and will never be forgotten, if anyone wants to contact me via this site I'm more than happy to to try and restore the grave with the families and Cemeteries permission.

Attachments

• IMG-20200927-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20200927-WA0006.jpg
    341.6 KB · Views: 16
I visited Dennis's grave today 27 9 2020 still in very poor condition sadly, I did clean it up along with Tom Turralls... These are real heroes and will never be forgotten, if anyone wants to contact me via this site I'm more than happy to to try and restore the grave with the families and Cemeteries permission.
Thank you Thomas & welcome to the Forum!

Back