• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Deep Rock Pop

padget

proper brummie kid
can anybody help me on a pop bottling factory near Bloomsbury street police station i think in Westorn street my mother worked there in the early 50s i used to go there after school and in the school holidays they gave the workers free bottles of pop like vimto happy new year :rolleyes::)

I:) have now found out the address was Cranbury street and its name was Deep Rock Soda Water works thanks

Pop Bottling Plant

Hi Padget
You Have A Good Memory And You Have Brought Memories Back To Me
And My Younger Days There Was Two More Bottlers Around In Them Days
There Was R Whites Lemonade In Western RD Hockley By The Old Work
House And There Was The B,HAM Bottle Exchange DOWN ST Michaels Hill
Hockley Do You Remember Them ,
best wishes astonian ,;;;

can anybody help me the owner of the Deep Rock pop bottling factory was Harold Capenhurst he was living at i think 74 washwood heath road with his son in law William Hewitt when Harold died William Hewitt ran the factory when Cranbury street factory closed they moved to Great Brook street . my mother stuck the labels on the bottles I was a great mate to have as the owner gave the workers a few bottels of pop Vimto ,Orangade.lemonade so i took them to school sports
Harolds daughter was Doris M Capenhurst
trying to find anybody else who worked there
also a school mate named Davis Hodson who was living in Western Street
i was born at St Matthews terrace 1942 our yard faced Edwards the undertakers
we moved to Paget Road in 1953 and was at Paget Road school till i left in 1957
names im looking for are all from Brum
Duffy
Davis
Wherrett
Padget
Talbot

Last edited:
Does any one remember the Birmingham Botanical Beverages pop company?, i think they were based in the area of West Brom.

I think the factory closed not long after Britvic bought Corona from Beecham products (Lucazade, Ribena ext.) Britvic only bought them to increase market share and soon closed most of it including the main plant in Brentford.

Hi there

Britvic also bought out R. Whites which had been owned for some time by Whitbread's. Incidentally I always thought syphons were unhygienic, let alone the swing tops. I remember filling them at R. Whites on one occasion when they were short of factory staff (I worked in the office). There was no way of washing them out, and they were filled through the spout
upside down. They regularly exploded during filling!

Kind regards

Dave

can anybody help me the owner of the Deep Rock pop bottling factory was Harold Capenhurst he was living at i think 74 washwood heath road with his son in law William Hewitt when Harold died William Hewitt ran the factory when Cranbury street factory closed they moved to Great Brook street . my mother stuck the labels on the bottles I was a great mate to have as the owner gave the workers a few bottels of pop Vimto ,Orangade.lemonade so i took them to school sports
Harolds daughter was Doris M Capenhurst
trying to find anybody else who worked there
also a school mate named Davis Hodson who was living in Western Street
i was born at St Matthews terrace 1942 our yard faced Edwards the undertakers
we moved to Paget Road in 1953 and was at Paget Road school till i left in 1957
names im looking for are all from Brum
Duffy
Davis
Wherrett
Padget
Talbot
[/QUOTE

Harold Capenhurst was my great grandad and Doris M Capenhurst was my grandma.

Back