• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Deeley...Whittingham....Pitt

lorraine11

alice whittington
Hi i am looking for family members all lived in birmingham at some point. Deeley family...Alfred was my dad his mother was called Emily deeley they lived in cemetery road smethwick .... Alfred had a brother called Arthur and several sisters, one sister was called Lillian ....
The Pitt family... Iris patricia was my mother, her brothers where called Morris ...Vincent..and Lesley her father was called Vincent pitt ,vincent was married to Alice whittingham but unfortunately she died, and i know nothing about my grandmother. Vincent pitt then married Gertrude who had several children one of which was called Thema. please pass this message on to everyone who you think might know anything about these family members. Some of these family members are no longer living. i wanted to connect with anyone who new the family's, or are connected to these families in some way.

I have moved this threa dto the names section.
As it is stated that some people concerned may still be alive, if you can help please contact member by IM, not on open forum

A little about your grandmother Alice Whittingham.
She was born in West Derby,liverpool in 1899 and died in 1932.
She married Vincent Pitt in 1921.
Alice was the daughter of William Sugars Whittingham and his wife Florence nee Fanshawe who married in 1898.
1901 Census for the family Hull street , Preston , Lancs.
William Whittingham. age 26 b Scarborough
Florence age 20 b Sheffield
Alice E age 2 b Liverpool

William Sugars Whittingham died age 33 in west Bromwich in 1908 his parents were
William Whittingham b 1849 Scarborough and his wife Alice ann nee Sugars b 1858 Scarborough.

In 1911 Alice is a pupil boarder in The Blue Coat school in Colmore row.

Back