• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

December 2008 edition GG Jean, John Houghton & Michael Ingram input

W

Wendy

I will scan the mag later as I have to dash out. I am amazed at all the member stories from Jean, John Houghton, Michael Ingram......if I have missed any more members let me know.

Received my Brummagem magazine in today's post:) I always look forward to receiving it. Anthea:)

hi jean. just read yours and your brothers articles in the brummagem. really enjoyed them and what lovely photos too. i am hoping my sos for a pic of the vine inn pub will be in januarys edition.

ttfn lyn.:)

Will look out for it Lyn. Glad you liked the stories but there are some i wouldn't dared have put in. Jean.

lol jean. there are a lot of memories i have that i also would not put to print.

catch you later

lyn:)

I have just been reading this month's Brummagem and must congratulate our members Mike Ingram, John Houghton, GGJean and her brother Albert for excellent articles. £1.75 well spent, thoroughly enjoyed reading them.

Apologies for not posting this months contents my scanner has gone up the Swanee!:(

Brummagem Mag, in the group photo of Lea Village Junior School, Front Row is Graham Atkinson brother of Ron Atkinson and he also became a professional footballer. Len.

I was late filling in the form to renew my subscription, it was due December 1st, the post is slow and I'm really looking forward to reading all your stories.

Al just phone 0121 766 8181. You can order back issues on this no too. W H Smith had some over last week but may have gone by now. All the best. Jean.

Thanks Jean - will phone. I have ordered from the Library 96 years a brummie and have borrowed 3 mags books of Carl Chinn to look through. I found them facinating and [as I am only a young chick!] I found the pictures too old for me - but I knew many of the places that were mentioned. Especially Bordesley Green.

Cheers. M:)

Hi Instruct I don't think so. Ours is ordered and we collect it from our newsagents but if you scroll up I have put a number on where you can order up to date and back issues of the magazine. All the best. Jean.

Hello Jean. Now awaiting my first Brum. Mag. which will be in February Thanks for number. Miriam.

Hi, sorry a bit off topic where can a expat brummie living in Spain get the brummagem mag. Lots of brummies living out might want to know.
Take care.
Baz---Barry Blockley

Back