• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Death certificate.

Lyn as you know I'm not the sharpest knife in the draw. The 1915 one
I know the Annie Williams who married John Nolan in 1929 is the same Annie we are looking for because they are my aunt and uncle. And Annie is my fathers step sister. I didnt find this out untill a few years ago it was a well kept secret.

Lyn as you know I'm not the sharpest knife in the draw. The 1915 one
I know the Annie Williams who married John Nolan in 1929 is the same Annie we are looking for because they are my aunt and uncle. And Annie is my fathers step sister. I didnt find this out untill a few years ago it was a well kept secret.

rob you are doing fine...where would we be without our little family secrets lol...ok then look forward to finding out what info the 1915 marr certs holds...could be interesting rob...

lyn

Last edited:
Will await with interest:

However, in the meantime I have gone back to the 1901 census and these people listed in Powick and tried to trace them forward in time..
1611405937977.png
I found the following deaths:
1611406134085.png
1611406172839.png
Not sure about James Baggott but these deaths would explain why Eliza and Henry jr are not on 1911 census.
Next step to try to trace back from the Harry and James found on 1911 with Clara - Harry is of the right age and no birthplace is written on the form.

Not getting very far with the people from 1911.
Clara b 1906 - birth registered Upton on Severn with mmn Pressdee which I think I came across when searching Annie Williams - perhaps Rob might know.
I can't, at the moment, find births registered for either T(h)omas Drinkwater (as he is a stepson I would have expected a different name) nor Edward b abt 1901 although there is an Edwin Pressdee registered in Worcester with no mmn listed.

Hi Janice, if you look at the BMD the entry for Annies second marriage it says Annie Pressdee, Drinkwater or williams. How does James mothers maiden name get mentioned. How strange. Btw the marriage is to John Nolan 1929 Birmingham.

I knew I had seen it somewhere. James mother was a Baggott I think. I am wondering if Clara was a link to the Pressdee family and perhaps a relative of Annie - hence how Annie and James met but that is guessing.

Janice,

That was my initial thinking too in post #36, but there's no marriage to Clara and I hadn't got as far as checking Henry, but if the deaths are correct, I think that you have sussed it.

Maurice :cool:

The link to Annie and James is Annies mother, Amelia Williams she is living in the same village as Annie with James Rowles using Rowles as her surname.

I knew I had seen it somewhere. James mother was a Baggott I think. I am wondering if Clara was a link to the Pressdee family and perhaps a relative of Annie - hence how Annie and James met but that is guessing.

this is possible jan..also.on the 1911 it states that clara and harry had been married for 19 years but that cant be right because on the 1901 and whether married or not harry is living with eliza who died in 1904 so a little white lie there..

just thought i would try and check clara drinkwater who is on the 1901 born 1906 ..i think she married at martley worcs to cyril wooding...i have them on the 1939 register which reads

allcetts farm..MARTLEY

james drinkwater born 9th sept 1890 single agricultural labourer
cyril wooding born 1912 waggoner agricultural married
clara wooding born 20th march 1906 married
ronald L drinkwater born born 15th sept 1930
ONE CLOSED RECORD

Hi Janice, if you look at the BMD the entry for Annies second marriage it says Annie Pressdee, Drinkwater or williams. How does James mothers maiden name get mentioned. How strange. Btw the marriage is to John Nolan 1929 Birmingham.

Apologies if this has been mentioned, when names are listed like that it can imply that they were divorced.

Also it's not Pressdee or Drinkwater or Williams, it is Pressdee-Drinkwater...

There is a marriage in Worcester 1929 for James Pressdee to an Ethel Freeman. He is also listed as James T Pressdee Drinkwater

There is a James Pressdee b1889 Herefordshire living in Malvern 1911.

Sorry getting a bit confused it's not the Hereford one but I think it's the James Pressdee mentioned registered Martley, who also re-married Ethel Freeman.

Death registered as James Pressdee 1975 Martley, dob 10 Oct 1889, matches 1939 Register.

James Pressdee, illegitimate son of Ann Pressdee. Marriage for Ann Presdee to a James Henry Drinkwater registered 1905 Worcester.

There's a lot to take in here , think I'll take a couple of hours between breakfast and dinner tomorrow and see what I can put together. Thanks for helping.

take as long as you like rob...i need more than a couple of hours lol

lyn

Back