• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

de Grey of stirchley. Birmingham

Steve,

Welcome to the Forum. However you will have to be a bit more specific than that. There are 8 with that surname in the Birmingham area in 1911, but not in Stirchley, and 10 in 1939, but only street names shown.
How far back can you get? - parents, grandparents, etc and we need some names and preferably some dates.

Maurice :cool:

yes a bit more info needed please also it would help to know how far have you got with this research yourself as we are happy to help those who have hit a brick walls

cheers

Last edited:
Steve,

Welcome to the Forum. However you will have to be a bit more specific than that. There are 8 with that surname in the Birmingham area in 1911, but not in Stirchley, and 10 in 1939, but only street names shown.
How far back can you get? - parents, grandparents, etc and we need some names and preferably some dates.

Maurice :cool:
Grandfather John Wilson de grey. Grandmother Gladys de grey. Children Eleanor. Margaret John Constance and my father Edmund Michael de grey born 1930. Known to live lockton Rd. 1930s to 60s

thanks steve have you subscribed to ancestry or find my past to try and go back further than your grandparents

lyn

An interesting name.

Your grandfather appears to have been John Wilton (b & d registered as such) not Wilson.

His father & grandfather (both John de Grey) were both born in Wolverhampton.

Hello Steve, Ancestry have the 1939 register, try to find your relatives and it will give birth dates as a good start.
rosie.

An interesting name.

Your grandfather appears to have been John Wilton (b & d registered as such) not Wilson.

His father & grandfather (both John de Grey) were both born in Wolverhampton.
Thank you my mistake. Don't know why I put Wilson. Always was wilton. Never knew about wolverhampton though. Most interesting I really must follow up. Appreciated to know that.

Back