• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Davis Ruben.

robert

master brummie
Can anyone tell me anything about this chap please. All i know is he has popped up at the same address as my grandparents whitch was 2 court, 18 Darwin street Highgate in 1930 and as this is taken from the electrol roll of that year at that time he is over 21. A bit of a long shot i know but heres hoping.

Thanks Robert.

There's a possible on the 1911 census, Reuben Davies,52, married,sawyers labourer, wife Sarah,59, daughters Sarah, 24, and Harriet,16. a cycle polisher Also in the house,Mary Jane Crew, 29,stamper, with sons Henry, George and Frederick. Mary is listed as head of household, married, and Reuben as her father, Sarah her mother and Sarah and Harriet as her sisters, living at 2, back 164 Darwin Street, will try to look a bit further, unless one of the other members gets time before me!
Sue

On 1901, sme family members all 10 years younger, Mary at home but also an Albert aged 1 month, not on the 1911, living at what looks to me like 24 little Banks Deritend,not sure about the Banks bit though.
Sue

Hi Sue, My Grandparents were James Rowles and Amelia Rowles nee Veness and Williams from a previous marrage. I am led to believe that they were living in Worcestershire in 1920. so they must be his lodgers rather than visa versa.

Will have another look tomorrow and see if we can see when they arrived there, as I say, unless someone else looks sooner, I am back at work tomorrow :uncomfortableness: !!
Sue

Sue, I thought it looked like Little Barr Street?

The surname is spelt Davis
Mary Jane Davis married Harry Crewe in 1905
all her children registered Crewe.

Can't find Harry Crewe, perhaps others may have more luck.

Back