• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Davis birth

Bob Davis

Bob Davis
I have a poor copy of a birth certificate from 1900, showing the birth at 0610am on 2nd of January 1900 of a boy to Hannah Davis. I cannot translate the name, the journal entry is 323, reg district King's Norton. Unfortunately with my technical and AI skills, I have been unable to scan and add it to the post. Is the only way of finding the boys first name to get a fresh copy?
Bob

I have just done a search for a boy surname Davis reg at King's Norton in 1st quarter of 1900.
Only 1 entry comes up and it shows Oscar as the name. Does it look anything like that on your cert? I can't see journal numbers.

Once again thank you one and all, it is Oscar, looks like Arson on the birt certificate, then I found Oscar on Freebmd. The strange think is that as a youngster, I had heard whispers that I did not understand about Auntie Hannah. Just in case Lady P is reading this, does she know of a house called Llanberis on Chester Road, it comes under Boldmère on the 1901 and 1911 census. Thanks again
Bob

Llanberis was between Boldmere Road and Green Lane.
1908 Kelly's - rwading up the page is heading for Green Lane.
1634814231468.png

Llanberis was between Boldmere Road and Green Lane.
1908 Kelly's - rwading up the page is heading for Green Lane.
View attachment 162715
Thank you very much, another gold star. I have now traced Oscar through to his death, he finished a mystery, he married a Beatrice A Nicholls and I have to get the marriage certificate to find her actual details, because on all the electoral rolls he appears to live alone, all the excite,ent of rhe search. Thanks again
Bob

I think Beatrice may have died in 1936 - address given as 133 Alwood Road Weoley Castle - is this right?
1634853899018.png
In 1935 they are the eroll together at 295 High Street Harborne.

Last edited:
What address did you have Oscar at? There might be a bit more info but wasn't sure how much you wanted to dig up yourself.
Out this morning but can post later if you want and if I have the right person. :rolleyes:

Back