• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Davies Family Pelham Arms Alum Rock

VickyM1

Hi, I am looking for information on the Davies family who ran the Pelham arms in the 50’s, there names were George & Winnie Davies, they had 2 children Joyce and George, Joyce married in 1955. I am trying to trace family members for my mum. Thank you for reading and any help would be really appreciated

George Edward Davies seems to have died in 1974, registered Nuneaton. Winifred possibly died in 1958.

Their son George seems to have died as a baby. Joyce married a Jack Lewis.

This cutting from The Sports Argus, March 1955, reveals that Jack Lewis who married Joyce Davies was a regular goalkeeper for Walsall FC. He is also said to have been one of the smallest goalkeepers ever to play in League football.

Attachments

• Jack Lewis.jpg
    Jack Lewis.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Appreciate
Reactions: MWS
Vicky ,did you know that George and Winifred were at 426 Lichfield Road in 1939, I believe that was the King Edward V11 pub, now no longer there.

Back