• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Dating photos

Maria Magenta

master brummie
Is there any one who could have a go at dating a couple of wedding group photos?

I've got a good book by Jayne Shrimpton, but it isn't helping me.

maria

I have a family photo were the bride is wearing the same style head attire - will look it out later and see if I can date it.

Maria, the first is almost the same as my husbands parents 1940..
Looking through our family photos the second could be late 20s ,early 30s

Last edited:
Hi Maria, I think your wedding photo could be late 1930's even probably immediately after WW2, I think the men in the photo don't have hats with them. You could have a browse through the thread 'Our family tree: Weddings' and look at the wedding photos many of which are dated. Unfortunately many of the photos that were in the thread were lost in Oct 2011 but quite a lot of them have been reinstated. One of the wedding photos I have in the thread took place in 1945.
oldmohawk

I would agree with the above comments.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Great post, I was thinking pre WWII, there is still quite a lot of cloth in the clothing.

Back