• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Dating Photo

Jules65

master brummie
I wonder if anyone could help me in trying to date this photo. I think it may have been taken at some sea-side town. On the rear is printed Walking Pictures. Were these taken by a photographer and you bought them off him as a momento of your holiday?

View attachment 30856

W

Wendy

Hello Jules. I have several like these I would guess around 1935-40.:)

maur

knowlegable brummie
i would say late 20s early 30s, looking at the clothes and the car in the background, i have a few just like this one.

Lloyd

master brummie
The van over the road is and Austin Seven c1928/9, but the car mostly hidden by the two gents looks like (not really a lot to see of it, is there?) a small Morris or Wolseley of c1935. I'd say the fashion - and casual nature of the men - points to mid to late 30s.

Jules65

master brummie
Thank you all so much for your replies. From the info given I think they must be my nan's brothers. Fred Heath and Alfred. Jules. ps Alf - I'm a she - not a he lol.

Cov Kid

Brummie babby
Hi Jules

I was just trawling through looking for the family name when I saw your post and the great photo. I'm looking for Heath links. My Great Great Grandfather was Charles Heath, born in Leicester in 1824 and living in Aston from 1850s onwards. Is he linked to your Heaths at all?

Michael

Jules65

master brummie
Hi Jules

I was just trawling through looking for the family name when I saw your post and the great photo. I'm looking for Heath links. My Great Great Grandfather was Charles Heath, born in Leicester in 1824 and living in Aston from 1850s onwards. Is he linked to your Heaths at all?

Michael
Hi Michael

I have traced my Heath ancestors back to a Samuel Heath born about 1826 in Birmingham. He was my gg grandfather. I haven't got any further back than this yet. The two men in the photograph were George Heath's sons, Samuel was his father.

Jules

Cov Kid

Brummie babby
Hi Jules

It sounds like your branch of Heaths is different to mine. We Heaths are so common (if you pardon the pun)!

Anyway, still a great photo!

Michael