• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

dartmouth street

RobertS

master brummie
Hello folks

does anyone know when Dartmouth Street and environs was first developed? I'm having trouble tracking this down.

Thanks

hi guys
i can recall the old dartmouth street
and i workrd at the randals plating and the old cannal tow pathe ran along side of it
there was no windows on the rear side on the cannal tow pathe the conditions was very bad indeed
this was 1958-to 1960
water was every where and the old fashioned electric system
with cables running around your feet
when it rained the vats used to flood over christ knows how we got through it day after day plus the cold winds and rain
belting in on us there was only six of us working rgere rhat included the two brothers whom owned the place
i was glad to go and finf employment else where
and i went to work with my uncle bill smart and his brother at the .b.ham bottle exchange at the st michaels hill
the owners was a solicter
bill and joe smart had been working for him for donkeys years
and a group of ladies whom sorted the empty bottles out onthe track that ran aroundthe yard
have a nice day every body best wishes astonion;;;;

Thanks for the Pevsner Mike g.

Still trwaling to see if I can find a date for first development and completion.

regards

Back