• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Dartmouth Royal Regatta Air Displays

Radiorails

master brummie
As the air displays cover the RAF and RNAS, also a historic and modern element I decided to post here as I did not find an existing thread to fit the subject.

I was occupied most of the three days on railway duties but I did manage to be at Kingwear/Dartmouth for the BOB Memorial Flight. I particularly wanted to see the Lancaster. The aircraft flew at very low level over the River Dart and only seemed to make it over the adjacent hillsides. Anyone familiar with this area will know how sharply the hills rise on both sides of the river.I made me think of the Dambusters pilots and their acheivements. Admittedly this aircraft was a little higher than 60ft. but even so the hillsides and two towns were packed with sightseers: one mistake.............. and that, of course, applied to all the displays.

The Red Arrows visited South Devon twice last week; Torbay on Wednesday and over the hill at Dartmouth on Friday. I know air displays are always spectacular but I have to say that the Dartmouth one is something very especial. Book your holidays for the last weeks of August next year. :encouragement:

https://www.dartmouthregatta.co.uk/events/air-displays

Back