• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Dangerous Brum

K

Kandor

And it was too... My friend Chrissie died just after leaving me and Ray in Nechells, he was stabbed through the heart aged 13.
Terry died too, hit on the head with a Pick handle..he was around 27,
I was lucky myself, you see everyone who would mug or maim you back then were my friends (please dont think that made me ONE of them though)
Yep it was pretty bad in those days, but even in Nechells, trouble only came to you if you looked for it, I knew lots of people who never had one bad day all the time they lived there.
I kept out of trouble mainly, the only real fight I had there ( I've only ever had about 10 in my whole life). was because some so called hard knock tried to make the brother of a girl I was going out with pay him 5 pounds for a radio or else.
'P' came and got me from the Ashted Hamlet and I found this guy in the Chip shop up Revesby Walk.
I knew his reputation and I knew it was pointless argueing...so I just hit him...I never spotted his friend with him and it was his mate who threw a pot of curry in my eyes, I just backed off into the corner, scraped it from my eyes and went for them...neither proved that tough......I remember chasing him past a packed Pub on a hot summers night as he ran as fast as he could to get away...I guess it looked a bit better than it sounds as afterwards loads of people who had previously ..lol....shown me not too much respect were suddenly all eager to be my friend...thats the one lesson I have carried through life, you see, growing up in Nechells, if you let them, they took it from you...Dear reader
I have NEVER let them...

Back