• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

DANDO Amelia & Frederick

Brock

master brummie
Amelia Ward, also known as Amelia Dingley, was the daughter of Ellen Dingley who married to William Ward. They lived in the Dingley home at 5 The Grove, Mount Pleasant, Small Heath.
William & Ellen both died & I believe that Amelia was then cared for by her grandmother Mary Dingley still living at Mount Pleasant.
Amelia married to a man named Frederick Thomas Dando in 1936 & the couple lived at 5 The Grove, Mount Pleasant for several years with Mary Dingley.
By 1945 Amelia & Frederick had moved to live at 48 Cleeve Road in the Kings Heath area & Mary Dingley also moved with them.
I would like to learn more about the family to expand my family tree knowledge ~ I would especially like to know if they had children so if anyone can help me please I would be most grateful.
Thank you.

Re: Amelia & Frederick DANDO

Possible child:

William P Dando
Mother's Maiden Surname: Dingley
Date of Registration: Jul Aug Sep 1948
Registration district: Birmingham
Registration county: Warwickshire
Volume Number: 9c
Page Number: 843

hi there
way back in the fifties and sixties there was mr and mrs dingley
in fact i would have said to the seventies and they lived in a small batch of houses
at the bottom of cartland rd right next door to the little church hall
which was on the corner of cartland rd and pershore rd
i do not know whether at that time they clssed it as king heah or stirchley
as one half of cartland rd is kings heath the other half classed as stirchley
she worked as a cleaner or works canteen assistant when she retired for a cable making firm in
kings d haymills just down the rd from king dicks the spanner makers
i got to know this couple way back in the fifties proiry to that she did work in the dog pool lane
post offic ; then got retired before working part time inkings rd
so there is every chance these are he oneof the members of the family you are seeking
best wishes astonion ;;

That's really interesting to know, thanks Astonian.
As Dando isn't a very common name I would think that you are right & that they are connected to the family.
Thanks again,
Brock.

Back