• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Dan Rolyat Musical Comedian

I had not read the complete Thread before the above posts (shocking !)

In Post 6, by rftaylor who is related to Dan’s third wife, says her name was Maira (Clifton) Morgan Merioneth. The sensitive post mentioned above applies to the third wife and maybe the information would better directed that way. The post was back in 2008, could it be checked to see if he/she is still a member?

Jaqueline, could you indicate from which of the wives you are related?

Dan Rolyat obituary in Birmingham Gazette December 1927...

View attachment 140582View attachment 140583
I had not read the complete Thread before the above posts (shocking !)

In Post 6, by rftaylor who is related to Dan’s third wife, says her name was Maira (Clifton) Morgan Merioneth. The sensitive post mentioned above applies to the third wife and maybe the information would better directed that way. The post was back in 2008, could it be checked to see if he/she is still a member?

Jaqueline, could you indicate from which of the wives you are related?
hi there - thank you so much for replying to me. I believe Dan Rolyat was my mother’s uncle. I am therefore trying to trace Dan’s siblings to discover my maternal grandfather. I know my grandmother named her after him and sent her to stage school.

Back