• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Daley

sylviasayers

master brummie
A request in tonight's Birmingham Mail, Get in Touch section caught my eye ""the children of Frederick Daley who died in 1930 at the age of 26 are trying to find relatives of his sister Beatrice and brother William. Last know address Clarendon Street, Aston".

My father's mother was Roseannah Daley and I knew dad had a cousin know as Beattie Brown who lived either in or near Clarendon Street, right up until the 1960s, John Colin do you know anything of these people, or indeed anyone else, as I would like to write to the enquirer, but if I can find more information it would be much appreciated.

Hi Sylvia ,

In response to your Query

There is a Frederick Daley born September Quarter, Aston, ref 6d page 315 This Certificate would be available from B,ham Reg Office

Next nearest is Frederick Daley born Stoke on Trent Dec Q 6b p 194

Hope this is helpfull to you & "Daley "Family
Best Regards , :) John

Chris Hayes & I were best of friends with John Daley who lived in Claredon Street. Havent seen or heard of them in years? I think they possibly went to live in Yardley? but I'm not too sure?

Thanks to everyone who has responded so far to my request, from the 1903 dates it sounds very much as though they would be my dad's cousins as he was born 1899. I will wait a day or two and send a letter to the enquirer. Did anyone recall a Mrs. Beatrice Brown (nee Daley)? I know she lived locally as when I used to go shopping in Newtown Row with my mother we often used to bump into her, unfortunately I didn't ask
further questions and don't know any other names of her immediate family,except that she was my dad's cousin and bore a strong resemblance.

Back