• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Daleks in Birmingham

mw0njm.

A Brummie Dude
hi.can anyone help Please. Did the darleks do a appearance in the bullring in th 70s? i am shure one was at the bottom of the escalator with the top open so you could see in side. or is it pete being daft as usual..any help will be appreciated. :grinning:

hi.can anyone help Please. Did the darleks do a appearance in the bullring in th 70s? i am shure one was at the bottom of the escalator with the top open so you could see in side. or is it pete being daft as usual..any help will be appreciated. :grinning:
Still looking but no luck so far. But Birmingham did have King Kong inthe Bull Ring in 1972 . And no i have not been on the Harveys Bistol Creme or Advocat Snowballs.

Do not recall them in the bullring do remember them at Bingley Hall in the mid to late 60's..scared me to death...loved the dancing waters though

Wow Pete. The hierarchical thing never occurred to me, totally passed me by. And how specific it all was. Viv.

I dimly remember, (as normal), a TV programme, or part of, about the composing of the original Doctor Who theme tune. B&W I think. It was done by Elizabeth ????? and she had a very short keyboard. I was surprised by how few notes there are in the tune. Electronic music was done differently then.
Andrew.

We had the single 45 record of the music. Was it called something like Pony Express ? Or have I got that mixed up with something else. A friend and I devised a dance to go to the music - sort of Pans People style. It had absolutely no reference to Daleks or science fiction. Oh the good old days. Viv.

Last edited:
Back