• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Dale End

Don't think there are many photos of the Dale End YMCA, well at least not a full view. This drawing shows the plans in 1904. After that time there must have been a few modifications to some
of the ground-floor shop frontages. Attaching a section of a photo posted by Oldmohawk in an earlier post for comparison. Think the later post might possibly have been about 40+ years later. Viv.

Screenshot_20230708_181905_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230709_095152_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Don't think there are many photos of the Dale End YMCA, well at least not a full view. This drawing shows the plans in 1904. After that time there must have been a few modifications to some
of the ground-floor shop frontages. Attaching a section if a photo posted by Oldmohawk in an earlier post for comparison. Think the later post might possibly have been about 40+ years later. Viv.

View attachment 181599View attachment 181598
Those are buildings with character!

Yes Richard. There appears to be a couple of statues at the entrance to the building in the architects drawing. I wonder if they were included innthe final build. Viv.

See post #1824 onwards here

Back